Getting Closer to REAL Operations

I am genuinely surprised by how much work is needed to adjust the previous operating plan to this new layout.  Frankly, it would have been easier to start from scratch! 

I added about 30% additional cars.  Delightfully, I had stashed quite a few cars over the years (eh-em, owing to more than a few visits to hobby shops), and the balance came out about right.  Still, it was quite an effort to prep the cars, get car-cards made up, and then... the really arduous part... writing up way-bills for each one. 

New car cards - written out and folded, ready for taping.

All the rolling stock was brought up to the main yard or just above it.  This allowed me to muse on how each car would fit into the traffic scheme.

A lot more cars here than it would appear!

Locos and cabeese also had to get their cards.

The next step which is currently under way is the development of a train sequence.  This will let me plan out the flow of trains such that they all can do there work with minimal interference.  I am using Excel to lay out the sequence.  From this, I'll add times/travel durations to make sure it all fits as planned. 

Top part of train sequence.  There will be plenty of trains to run!

Of note: Armstrong will be busy!  Maybe too busy.  I may put Valley Gate back into service as a marshaling yard for locals.  We shall see.  I will run the first test run with this sequence and made adjustments as necessary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Configuring Push-buttons for Turnout Control in LCC (with BONUS section on Adapting JMRI for Feedback)

Let’s Configure a Node – The Beauty of LCC (With a bonus section on connecting LCC to PanelPro)

LCC and Wiring Continues