LCC - Configuring a Push Button ~WITH~ Indication
A few months ago there was a post on the LCC Groups.IO forum talking about the ability for one of the LCC node I/O points to both act as an INPUT, that is, to accept a push button command, AND act as an output, such as to illuminate an indicating light. This is super cool! Why? Well at an all-in cost of around $3 per I/O point, it's hard to justify a lot of indicating lights on panels. BUT... if we can get a "free" output for each discrete input, well, that is just like having your cake and eating it too! (Never totally understood that analogy, but seems fitting.) The way this works is the node runs the I/O point as an output for 63 milliseconds, and then for a few milliseconds, it converts the output to an input where it polls the input. So if it detects a "low" or a "high" in this window, it creates the appropriate event. Slick, huh? Timing at 63 ms is fast enough that even if the PB is just momentarily touched, it is enough to trigger...
Comments
Post a Comment